Friday, February 22, 2013

This and That

It was beautiful today and I was so thankful for the nice weather so we could spend the afternoon outside. Will had school today and then we went to the playground and came home and played in the driveway for awhile. Fletcher is at a hard age for outside play because he's ready to get down but there's not really anywhere for him to crawl outside. He's pulling up on things now so I'm have to get used to him being able to reach new things when I'm not looking. Luckily, he hasn't noticed the stairs yet. We've had a good week and tomorrow night Anna Catherine is taking the boys so we can have a date night. That was one of her Christmas presents for Rob, a date night during his busiest time of year! It will be nice to get out and so something without having to worry about everything being kid-friendly.

Will has been upset every time I go to pick him up from school lately. I really think a lot of it has to do with him being so tired. He isn't sleeping well at all with his eczema and most mornings he's up by 5:30. They take naps at school and when I go to pick him up he is dead asleep and doesn't like being woken up. Wonder who he gets that from? I've figured out that we just have to stay in the classroom and let him adjust for a couple of minutes before heading out of the school. Fletcher doesn't seem to mind just hanging out in the floor while will gets settled down.  

On a more personal note I've made a few goals for myself this year because I'm turning 30. I got a makeover/makeup present from my cousin and sister for Christmas and have been wearing makeup on a regular basis for about a month now. I love it! This should have happened long ago but I figure 30 is as good a time as any to get started. I'm also working on getting back to a happy weight for me. I have a ways to go but I'm excited to work on it. Losing weight is something that I've always been really good at when I put my mind to it. I think I've not been too worried about it in the last couple of years because I've really been pregnant or breastfeeding pretty much the whole time. I've just had to take some time to get in the right mindset but I'd really like to be there by 30 so that gives me plenty of time to work toward a goal. Maybe if things go well I'll show you before and after pics in October. And I'm also working on my relationship with God. This is something that I hope to always be working on so it's not just a goal for 30, but there are some specific things I'd like to do this year. 

And now for more pictures...



First night in big boy bed right after he turned two. He fell out that night.


He looks so tiny in that big bed!


How do you sleep like that?


Just a little bragging on myself for making these!


Fletcher trying out his new car seat at Christmas. He just moved into in last week.


Oh just relaxing!


My boys hanging out on the couch together.


We slept together last time I was at my mom's house and this is what I found when I went to bed. Where am I supposed to sleep?


I was documenting his eczema (so that I can show the dermatologist pictures of how bad it gets in case it is better by the time we finally get to go) and Will thought I was taking pictures of every body part so he started helping my. This was his lips picture. 


This is a little bit of what is on his leg. I didn't want to show any of the really bad pictures because they are just sad. 


Fletcher loves to sleep with a pillow in his crib but he usually just leaves it beside him. I checked on him at naptime one day and he was like this. He looks like a grown up!


Will letting Teddy Bear sit in his new car seat. 


Playing with the car seat box.


Outside time last week!



No comments: