Wednesday, June 8, 2011

2 years, 6 months, and 4 days

We just got back from a 4 day trip to the beach. While that might seem short, with a 6 month old it was perfect! We drove down during the night Thursday and drove back during the night Monday. Will slept like a champ while we rode so it was easy on everyone! While we were there Will turned 6 months old and we celebrated our 2 year anniversary. We had a great time and it was fun to take Will to the beach and just relax for a few days! 

We got home yesterday and this morning we took Will for his 6 month check up. He weighed 20 lbs 6 oz and was 27.8 inches long. This put him a little over the 90th percentile in both, so we have a big boy!

There are a lot of things I want to remember so this might take awhile for 6 months. He is rolling both ways now and scooting on his stomach so we have to watch him because we walk away and he's off his playmat. He can also no longer be left on the couch, because we put him there yesterday and walked away for a minute and when I came back to get him he was hanging head first over the edge! He is sitting up on his own and will sit and play for a long time but if he gets excited or starts laughing he falls over. He reaches for everything so we can't have cups within his reach or anything we don't want in his mouth. He's babbling a lot now and makes the dada and mama sounds but doesn't actually associate them with us. He eats twice a day, usually cereal and fruit for breakfast and two vegetable cubes for dinner. He is sleeping anywhere from 8-10 hours a night, which is a pretty wide range that will hopefully continue to move more toward 10. He goes to bed between 7:30-8 every night but his wake up time ranges from 4:30-6, usually sometime in the 5 o'clock hour.  He laughs at everything and smiles easily and is so much fun to be around! He doesn't really cry much anymore unless he gets around strangers, and then he's not really sure what to think!  

The first day Will got in the pool and just floated around. He loved the pool and would stay in there for awhile every afternoon. 

We took his playmat and he spent lots of time on it since he didn't have any of his other toys, but it ended up being a good thing because he started rolling and scooting more. 

We ate at the Crab Trap the first night and Will took his first trip down to the beach. He was fine with it when there wasn't any sand touching him. 

My favorite picture from the whole trip! 

First morning at the beach and he feel asleep as soon as we got there. I think the sound put him out. 

After he woke up he played in his tent for a little while, but he likes to have all of our attention so the tent didn't last too long. 

We went to Harry T's the second night and Will liked watching the boats so he didn't really want to smile for the camera. 

We went to Pompano Joe's the third night and this was one of the only family pictures we got, not that great but at least we have one. 

By the last day, the boys were worn out. They took an afternoon nap to get ready for the night drive home. 

1 comment:

Emily said...

so sweet. Im glad you had a good trip. When are you coming to see me again. I need to see you, and it will be nice to see the little rugrat too.