Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sleep Sweet Sleep

We took away the pacifier on Sunday night and at this point I'm convinced it's the best thing we've ever done. Last night Rob got him to sleep and laid him down and we didn't hear another peep until he woke up at four, which is early but he just ate and went back to sleep until about 7:30. Tonight we were having a hard time getting him down and I finally got him to sleep in my arms but as soon as I laid him in bed he woke up. I walked out and he put himself to sleep, without crying, in ten minutes. He just rolled around and settled in! I'm so proud of him!! A couple of minutes ago he woke up again and whined a little bit and went back to sleep. This is a vast improvement over the up and down all night and the hours of crying. Daytime naps have gotten longer and more regular and he's happier when he's awake!!! I feel more rested than I have in weeks. It's been a lovely week! 


He's getting better at sitting up all the time and can be pretty straight when he wants to, other times he just kind of rolls into a ball or folds over in half. 


Rob set him on the stairs and he was just hanging out there. I don't think we should encourage stair climbing any earlier than we have to!


No comments: